Education and Professional Background
- Emory University, B.A., History, Summa Cum Laude
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- Editorial Board Member, Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia; All Georgia State Courts
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; American Bar Association; Savannah Bar Association; General Practice Section, State Bar of Georgia; Appellate Practice Section, State Bar of Georgia; W. Homer Drake Georgia Bankruptcy Inn of Court, Associate
- The Savannah Philharmonic Corporation, Board Member; Kiwanis Club of Skidaway Island
Andrew Dekle is an associate at the firm who practices primarily in the areas of civil litigation, corporate law, and bankruptcy. Dekle has represented individuals, businesses, banks, and government agencies in contract cases, professional malpractice actions, and employment disputes. He is licensed to practice law in all Georgia courts, and he has been admitted to the federal district courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Georgia. In 2012, Dekle was honored for his appellate work in Georgia Trend‘s 2012 Legal Elite feature, a listing of the state’s top lawyers.
A Savannah native, Dekle went to Savannah Country Day School where he received the Headmaster’s Award in his senior year. He attended Emory University as a John Emory Scholar where he graduated summa cum laude with degrees in history and French. While at Emory, he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and was awarded the George P. Cuttino Fellowship to study abroad at University College in Oxford, England. Committed to classical music, he played the violin with the Emory Symphony Orchestra throughout college. His senior thesis on property rights and confiscation laws during the Civil War received highest honors from the history department.
Dekle is a recent graduate of the University of Georgia School of Law. While at Georgia, he served on the editorial board of the Georgia Journal of Intellectual Property Law. He continued to be involved with the greater university community through his participation in the UGA Philharmonia, serving as concert master in his 3L year.
Active in the Savannah community, Dekle serves on the Board of Directors for the Savannah Philharmonic Corporation and co-chairs the organization’s Education Committee, arranging master classes and field trips for local students. Dekle is also a member of the Kiwanis Club of Skidaway Island.