Education and Professional Background
- Davidson College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Clerkship, US Supreme Court; US Court of Appeals Eleventh Circuit
- Editor, Georgia Law Review
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Martindale Legal Directory Rating AV
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
- Super Lawyer Magazine Super Lawyer
- American Lawyer Media Top Rated Lawyer in Transportation Law and Commercial Litigation
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia
- Lawyers Advisory Committee for US Court of Appeals; Transportation Lawyers Association; Trucking Industry Defense Association; Defense Research Institute
Glen Darbyshire received his B.A. degree magna cum laude from Davidson College in 1979 and his J.D. degree cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1984 where he was a Castellow Scholarship recipient and served on the editorial and managing boards of the Georgia Law Review. Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Frank M. Johnson, Jr., Circuit Judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, and for the Honorable Thurgood Marshall, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Darbyshire is a member of the State Bar of Georgia.
Darbyshire focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury defense, particularly product liability and transportation law, as well as appellate practice. He is a sustaining member of the Product Liability Advisory Council, Inc., the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Trucking Industry Defense Association and the Defense Research Institute. He is a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He is AV rated by the Martindale legal directory for more than 20 years and is recognized as a Georgia “Super Lawyer” by Thompson-Reuters and “Legal Elite” by Georgia Trend.