Education and Professional Background
- University of Georgia, B.B.A.
- Georgia State University, J.D.
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Defense Research Institute; Georgia Defense Lawyers Association; Georgia Society of Healthcare Risk Managers
- Vice President: Golden Isles Bulldog Club
- Special Events Volunteer: Morningstar Children’s Treatment Center
- Member: Touchdown Club of Atlanta
Presentations and Publications
- Healthcare Legislative Update, Medical Mutual of North Carolina Member Newsletter (2014)
- Healthcare Legislative Update, presentation to Medical Mutual of North Carolina Member Meeting (2014)
Jay Thaw, associate attorney, joined Bouhan Falligant in May 2016. His practice focuses on medical malpractice litigation and other business and general litigation matters.
Prior to joining Bouhan Falligant, Thaw worked at Mag Mutual Insurance Company in Atlanta, where he served as the chief policy and governmental affairs counsel. In that role, he established and administered political action committees in Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. In addition, he provided guidance to the company in corporate governance and public policy matters. Before joining Mag Mutual, he worked as an attorney at Weathington Smith in Atlanta, where he represented physician and institutional clients in litigation, public policy and business matters.
Thaw, a member of the Georgia Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute, earned his law degree from Georgia State University and an undergraduate degree in real estate from the University of Georgia. He is the former vice president of the Golden Isles Bulldog Club and a junior committee member of the Shepherd Center in Atlanta.
A native of St. Simons Island, Thaw lives on Isle of Hope with his wife, Holly.