Education and Professional Background
- Davidson College, A.B.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Clerkship, U.S. Chief District Judge
- Admitted to practice: Georgia
- Martindale Legal Directory Rating AV
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; American Bar Association; Savannah Bar Association; Business Law Section, State Bar of Georgia; Real Property Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Bankers Association
- Leadership Savannah; Leadership Georgia, Director; Thomas & Hutton, Chairman of Board; FCB Financial Corporation and First Chatham Bank, Secretary; Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Former Board Member; Lawyers Foundation of GA, Fellow; United Way of the Coastal Empire, Past Chairman and Campaign Chair; Rotary Club of Savannah, Past President; Savannah Country Day School, Past Chairman; American Red Cross Savannah Chapter, Past Chairman; Savannah Citizens Advocacy, Former Board Member; Hospice Savannah, Former Board Member; Georgia Legal History Foundation
Presentations and Publications
- “Rights of Minority Shareholders,” Georgia Bar Association, Business Law Section Meeting
- “The Appointment of Judge Alexander A. Lawrence,” Georgia Legal History Foundation
John Lientz is a partner with Bouhan Falligant whose practice involves corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate matters, banking, and general corporate representation. He assists clients in connection with the negotiation and closing for the acquisition and sale of privately held businesses. In addition, he has represented public and not-for-profit issuers of tax exempt financing.
Lientz is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, Savannah Bar Association, and the Bank Counsel Section of the Georgia Bankers’ Association. He is a member of the Business Law Section and the Real Property Section of the State Bar of Georgia and is a past president of the Younger Lawyers of Savannah. Lientz is a frequent lecturer on various corporate and real estate-related topics and has served as chairman of the Georgia Corporate Practice Seminar.
In 1970, Lientz graduated from Davidson College with an A.B. in history. He received his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1973, where he was a Root-Tilden Scholar. Lientz served as law clerk to U.S. Chief District Judge Alexander A. Lawrence in 1974 and 1975. He began practice with the firm in 1976.
Being active in the Savannah community through his involvement with numerous civic and social service organizations is an integral part of Lientz’s life. He is a graduate of Leadership Savannah and Leadership Georgia and served on the Board of Directors of Leadership Georgia. Lientz served as chairman of the United Way of the Coastal Empire, campaign chairman of the 1990 United Way Campaign, chairman of the Savannah Area Chapter of the American Red Cross and chairman of the Savannah Country Day School Board of Trustees. He is a past president of the Rotary Club of Savannah. He has served on the boards of Georgia Chamber of Commerce (member, Law and Judiciary Committee), Chatham Savannah Citizens Advocacy, YMCA of Coastal Georgia, Hospice Savannah, and the Coastal Empire Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
Lientz is chairman of the Board of Directors of Thomas & Hutton Engineering Co. and is secretary of FCB Financial Corp. and First Chatham Bank.