Education and Professional Background
- University of Georgia, A.B., Magna Cum Laude
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Tax Courts; All Georgia State Courts
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council, Past President
- The Savannah Community Foundation, Board Member; Rotary Club of Savannah; Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, Former Chair
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker on ethical considerations in the estate planning area at the Fiduciary Law Institute conducted by the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia
- Conducted numerous seminars in the Savannah area on estate planning
Melanie L. Marks is a partner with Bouhan Falligant specializing in estate planning, estate and trust administration, elder law, and real estate law. She is a graduate of the University of Georgia (A.B., magna cum laude, 1981; J.D., cum laude, 1984), where she served on the staff of the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law and was vice justice of Phi Alpha Delta.
Marks is authorized to practice in the United States Tax Court and the United States Supreme Court, in addition to all State of Georgia courts. She has been a speaker at the Fiduciary Law Institute conducted by the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia on ethical considerations in the estate planning area and has conducted numerous seminars in the Savannah area on estate planning.
She is member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Savannah Bar Association, member and former president of the Savannah Estate Planning Council, former chairman of the Board for Goodwill Industries of the Coastal Empire, board member of the Savannah Community Foundation, Inc., a graduate of Leadership Savannah, and a member of Savannah Rotary.