Education and Professional Background
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D.
- Notes Editor, Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; 11th Circuit Court of Appeals; All Georgia State Courts
- Martindale Legal Directory Rating AV
- Super Lawyer Magazine Super Lawyer
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association; Worker’s Compensation Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Defense Research Institute; Georgia Self-Insurers Association
- Savannah Symphony Society; Historic Savannah Foundation; United Way of the Coastal Empire; Arthritis Foundation; Rotary Club of Savannah; Congregation Mickve Israel, Past President; Society for Classical Reform Judaism, President; Hebrew Union College – Jewish Institute of Religion, Board of Governors
B. H. Levy, Jr. is a partner with Bouhan Falligant and concentrates in the areas of workers’ compensation, commercial transactions, wills, and probate. He is admitted to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit as well as in all Georgia courts. Levy is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Workers’ Compensation Section of the State Bar, the Savannah Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute. He is a frequent lecturer at workers’ compensation seminars and at in-house seminars for employer clients.
In 1970, Levy graduated with a B.A. in history from the University of Virginia where he was an Echols Scholar. He obtained his J.D. from the University of Georgia Law School in 1973. While in law school, Levy was notes editor for the Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law and attended the Hague Academy of International Law in the Netherlands. After law school, Levy served on active duty in the United States Air Force and in the active reserves. He attained the rank of captain.
Levy is very involved in the Savannah community, devoting significant time to various charitable organizations. He has also served on the boards of many organizations including the Savannah Symphony Society, the Historic Savannah Foundation, United Way of the Coastal Empire, the Arthritis Foundation, the Rotary Club of Savannah, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion, Congregation Mickve Israel, where he served as president, and the Society for Classical Reform Judaism for which he currently serves as board president.