Education and Professional Background
- Sweet Briar College, B.A.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Research Editor, Georgia Law Review
- Admitted to practice: Georgia
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association
Dottie Courington received her B.A. degree from Sweet Briar College in 1972 and her J.D., cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1977 where she was research editor of the Georgia Law Review. She is a member of the Savannah Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia.
Courington concentrates her practice in the areas of creditors’ rights, corporate law, real estate, probate, and estate planning. For many years she has been a special assistant attorney general for the Georgia Department of Law, handling real estate acquisitions in the area for various state entities.
Courington is a graduate of Leadership Savannah and is active in the Savannah community.