Education and Professional Background
- Sophie Newcomb College, B.A.
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D.
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; All Georgia State Courts
- H. Sol Clark Pro Bono Award from the State Bar of Georgia, 2015
- Savannah Bar Association, Chief Justice Robert Benham Award for community service, 2001 and John B. Miller Award for community service, 2009
- Georgia Historical Society, Sarah Nichols Pinckney Volunteer Award, 2007
- Savannah Country Day School, Outstanding Alumni, 2000
- Martindale Legal Directory Rating AV
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council; Georgia Legal Services Foundation, Director; Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute, Past Director
- S Bank, Director; Senior Citizens, Corporate Counsel; Beehive Foundation, Secretary; Chatham Club, Past President; Bethesda Endowment, Board Member; Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, Secretary; Savannah Community Foundation, Past President; Georgia Historical Society, Trustee, Chairman of the Endowment Committee; Savannah Country Day School, Past Trustee
Dolly Chisholm received her B.A. degree from Sophie Newcomb College in 1981 and her J.D. degree from Tulane University in 1987.
Chisholm practices in the areas of estate planning and probate, including probate conservatorship and guardianship proceedings, real estate law, focusing on residential closings, corporate law, including the formation of limited liability companies, partnerships, corporations, and creditors rights, focusing on bankruptcy representation.
Chisholm is a member of the Savannah Bar Association and the State Bar of Georgia. She is a member of the Estate Planning Council, a director of Georgia Legal Services Foundation, past president of the Savannah Community Foundation, secretary of the Beehive Foundation and the Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, and trustee for the Georgia Historical Society. Chisholm is also a past member of the Executive Committee of the Savannah Bar Association and past director of the Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute.
Chisholm is involved in numerous community and legal organizations and received the Chief Justice Robert Benham Award for community service in 2001, the Sarah Nichols Pinckney Volunteer Award from the Georgia Historical Society in 2007, the John B. Miller award from the Savannah Bar Association in recognition for community service in 2009 and the H. Sol Clark Pro Bono Award from the State Bar of Georgia in 2015. In 2008, she was named one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite.”