Education and Professional Background
- The University of Georgia, B.A.
- Georgia State University School of Law, J.D., Litigation Honors Designation
- Admitted to practice: Georgia; Southern and Middle Federal Districts of Georgia; All Georgia State Courts
- Super Lawyer Magazine Rising Star (2012-2016)
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite (2013)
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association; Business Law Section, State Bar of Georgia; General Practice Section, State Bar of Georgia; Health Law Section, State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Leadership Savannah, Board Member (2015-current)
- Leadership Savannah (2014-2015)
- Joseph’s/Candler Foundation Candler Clays Committee
- Fenian Irish Society of Savannah, Treasurer & By-laws Chairman
- Savannah Quarterback Club
- Savannah St. Patrick’s Day Parade Committee
Presentations and Publications
- “Legal Considerations in Charting,” Southeast Chapter of the Society of Pediatric Nurses Conference and The Children’s Hospital at Memorial Health University Medical Center
- “Trial Preparation from Start to Finish,” Institute for Paralegal Education
- Practice Management Seminars for Resident Physicians (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Radiology), Memorial Health University Medical Center
- Medical Records Law in Georgia, Lorman Education Services
- What Business Owners Need to Know About Spoliation, Business in Savannah – Savannah Morning News (August 17, 2015)
- Misdiagnosis Law in Georgia: Where Are We Now?, Georgia Bar Journal, February 2011
- Rules for Suing for Professional Malpractice Change, Business in Savannah – Savannah Morning News (January 26, 2011)
- Jones v. Long County School District, CV 211-005, 2012 WL 3562300 (S.D. GA August 14, 2012)
- Campbell v. Savannah Motors, Inc., 311 GA App. 460, 716 S.E. 2d 534 (2011)
- Howell v. Zottoli, 302 GA App. 477, 691 S.E. 2d 564 (2010)
Gregory G. Sewell is partner with Bouhan Falligant’s civil litigation department. Sewell focuses his practice on medical malpractice defense, personal injury defense, and business litigation, including non-solicitation covenants, covenants not to compete, and non-disclosure issues. Sewell is a member of the State Bar of Georgia and is admitted to practice before all state trial and appellate courts in Georgia, as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia.
Sewell is a life-long resident of Savannah, Ga. Upon graduation from Benedictine Military School in 2000, Sewell attended the University of Georgia. While an undergraduate at the University of Georgia, Sewell was a varsity athlete and three-time varsity letter winner for UGA’s Track and Field Team, competing at a national level in the outdoor men’s decathlon, indoor men’s pentathlon, indoor men’s heptathlon (setting a UGA record which stood until 2008), and outdoor men’s 400-meter intermediate hurdles. Sewell was a scholar-athlete at the University of Georgia.
Upon graduation from the University of Georgia in 2004, Sewell attended law school at Georgia State University School of Law. While a law student, Sewell served on the executive committee of the Student Bar Association as Community Service Chairman and was awarded the Litigation Honors Designation. Sewell earned his Juris Doctor from Georgia State University School of Law in 2007.
In 2012-2016, Sewell was selected as one of Georgia’s “Rising Stars” by Georgia Super Lawyers and Atlanta Magazine. Only 5 percent of the total lawyers in the state are selected for inclusion. He has also been included in Georgia Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite (2013).
Sewell is married to the former Blair Capallo of Savannah, Ga., and they have four children: Gaines, Anderson, Jones, and Collins.