Education and Professional Background
- University of Georgia, B.A., Cum Laude
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- Admitted to practice: Georgia
- Savannah Bar Association, Judge Frank Cheatham Professionalism Award
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, Achievement Award
- Business and Professional Women’s Club, Woman of Achievement
- Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite
- Super Lawyer Magazine Super Lawyer
- Atlanta Magazine Top 50 Women Attorneys
Activities and Affiliations
- Member: State Bar of Georgia; Savannah Bar Association, Past President; Bankruptcy Law Section, State Bar of Georgia, Past Chairman
- Fellow in American College of Bankruptcy; Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute, Co-Founder and Past Director; American Bankruptcy Institute; State Board of Bar Examiners, Past Chairman; Lawyers Foundation of Georgia, Fellow; University of Georgia Law School Advisory Council, Past Secretary; Chatham County Alternative Dispute Resolution, Board Member; Bankruptcy Lawyers Advisory Committee, Southern District of Georgia, Chair
- Historic Savannah Foundation, Chair Board of Trustees; Savannah State University College of Business Administration, Advisory Board Member; United Way Coastal Empire, Past Board Member; Chatham County Appointed Special Advocates, Past Advisory Board Member; Georgia Legal Services Foundation, Board Member
Presentations and Publications
- Frequent lecturer on creditors rights and bankruptcy topics
Kathleen Horne received both her B.A. degree and her J.D. degree, cum laude, from the University of Georgia, where she was a member of several honor societies, including Phi Beta Kappa and Order of the Coif.
Horne has been named a fellow in the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy, is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, Counselor-elect of the Judge Homer L. Drake Bankruptcy Inn of Court, co-founder and past director of the Coastal Bankruptcy Law Institute and past-president of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Georgia. She served as chairman of the State Board of Bar Examiners, and as a member of the Formal Advisory Opinion Board and the Investigative Panel of the State Bar of Georgia. In addition, Horne is a past-president of the Savannah Bar Association.
Horne has served as secretary of the University of Georgia Law School Advisory Council and as a member of the Chatham County Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. She is currently a member of the Board of the Georgia Legal Services Foundation. She is active in the Savannah community, having served on the Board of Directors of United Way and the Advisory Board of Chatham County Appointed Special Advocates. She is currently a member of the Advisory Board for Savannah State University College of Business Administration; the Junior League of Savannah Community Advisory Board, and serves as Chair of the Board of Trustees of Historic Savannah Foundation.
Horne has been named one of the “Top 50 Women Attorneys” in the State of Georgia by Atlanta magazine, a Georgia “Super Lawyer” and one of Georgia Trend magazine’s “Legal Elite.” She was recently awarded the Judge Frank Cheatham Professionalism Award by the Savannah Bar Association. She previously received the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers Achievement Award and was named the Business and Professional Women’s Club Woman of Achievement.
Horne practices primarily in the area of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy.